What Are The Package Travel Regulations?
- The Package Travel Regulations (PTRs) are in place to protect consumer funds in the event of insolvency. Updated regulations were put in place on July 1st 2018.
- To be clear – whether you are offering domestic travel or international travel, you will still be considered to selling a package if you are selling more than one element.
- The definition of the package means the pre-arranged combination of at least two of the following elements when sold or offered for sale, at an inclusive price. The service would either exceed twenty-four hours or include overnight accommodation. Transport, accommodation, other tourist services not ancillary to transport or accommodation and accounting to a significant proportion of the package.
- Packages without flights also need to be package travel regulations compliant. Packages with flights also require ATOL protection.
- For a more complete overview, please visit our guide to the Package Travel Regulations.