It was confirmed by the Tunisian Embassy in London recently that the Tunisia entry rules are to be relaxed for fully vaccinated travellers from tomorrow (February 15th).
Following after many other fantastic destinations that have relaxed their entry rules since the upset caused by the Omicron spread, Tunisia have made their country more accessible to all travellers, with slightly different restrictions in place for unvaccinated travellers.
After the Tunisia entry rules announcement, there have already been more flights added to and from Tunisia in anticipation of the holidays to come following this news.
From February 15th, fully vaccinated travellers to Tunisia will no longer need to present the negative result of a pre-departure test on arrival at the destination. This is reliant on the vaccinated traveller presenting a certificate or vaccine pass displaying their status as fully vaccinated. This applies to all fully vaccinated travellers that are 18 or older.
As part of the new Tunisia entry rules, unvaccinated travellers will also no longer be required to self-isolate on arrival in Tunisia.
The requirements for travellers will go as follows after the 15th of February:
- Fully vaccinated travellers must present evidence of vaccination status.
- All unvaccinated travellers 6 years of age or older must EITHER:
– Present a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours pre-departure; or
– Present a negative rapid antigen test taken within 24 hours pre-departure.
- Any traveller 6 years of age or older may be randomly tested on arrival in Tunisia. If this test comes out positive the traveller must self-isolate for 5 days. This time may be extended to 7 days if there are persistent symptoms.
These relaxed Tunisia entry rules are fantastic to see and open up another great destination for travellers in 2022 and beyond. We recommend keeping up to date with your travel agent as you’re booking or visiting the Foreign Travel Advice page for updates on your destination so you can go on holiday with complete peace of mind.
So, if you’re looking forward to booking your next great holiday, don’t wait, get in touch with a travel business registered with PTS today for 100% financial protection through trust. Or, if you’d like assistance choosing one of the lovely PTS members to book with, you can contact PTS directly at 0207 190 9988.
And if you’d like to learn more about your consumer protection with PTS or how the Package Travel Regulations protect your holiday booking, check out our pages and articles.