Following some recent concerns, British travellers have been advised by some in the travel industry to double-check destination entry rules, specifically Spanish and Dutch requirements, focusing on two of the most popular getaway for UK travellers. 

There is some concern in the travel industry surrounding younger travellers, with such a high number of UK travellers in their early 20s expected to travel to Spain or The Netherlands in the coming months. Spanish and Dutch requirements could potentially leave some travellers unprepared if they do not consult their travel agent or the FCDO Foreign Travel Advice page to ensure they’re correctly vaccinated to be approved entry. 

Spanish and Dutch requirements both specify the same rules for booster jabs, stating that travellers whose second vaccine was administered over 270 days prior to travel must either: 

  • Have evidence of administration of the booster vaccine; or 
  • Have evidence of a negative Covid test taken pre-departure. 

It was reported that 70% of people in their early 20s have already been administered with the booster vaccine, leaving 30% who could fail to meet the requirements for entry to Spain or The Netherlands despite being double vaccinated. This means that those who received their second vaccination in December 2021 but have not gotten their booster vaccine yet could be denied entry.  

Alongside this, from the week of the 5th of September (Monday), many of the most vulnerable people to Covid in the UK will begin to get invited for their second booster vaccine. This vaccine will not be offered to all UK residents, with frontline health and care workers, immunosuppressed people, and those aged 75 or over taking the highest priority. At a later date it is expected that adults 50 years old and over, those aged 5 to 49 with health conditions that put them at risk, and those who are pregnant will be offered the second booster vaccine. 

With different restrictions for different destinations and the Spanish and Dutch requirements for entry specifically, it is important for travellers to keep up-to-date on the entry requirements, Covid related and otherwise. If you’re booking with a good travel agent and member of PTS, up-to-date information on your destination will also be just a phone call away if you’re uncertain, so don’t forget to use their expertise and call your travel agent for any travel queries related to your holiday. 

So, if you’re looking forward to your next holiday, don’t wait, book now with a travel business registered with PTS for 100% financial protection through trust. Or, if you’d like assistance choosing one of the lovely PTS members to book with, you can contact PTS directly at 0207 190 9988. 

And if you’d like to learn more about your financial protection with PTS or how the Package Travel Regulations protect your holiday booking, check out our pages and Travel Advice. 

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

  • tour operator

    June 13, 2024

    How is a Travel Agent Different to a Tour Operator?

    There are many ways someone can sell services in the travel industry. Sometimes it can get a little confusing [...]

  • a-travel-agent-is-important

    May 2, 2024

    5 Brilliant Reasons You Should Start Booking with a Travel Agent

    Though the travel industry is deep in its latest evolution, travel agent businesses are still seeing a consistent rise [...]

  • weather-conditions

    September 14, 2023

    Extreme Weather Conditions: How Is Your Holiday Affected?

    Over the summer months, there has been a noticeable number of situations related to extreme weather conditions around the world. [...]